cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating 2 preferences mode?

Savera
1-Newbie

Creating 2 preferences mode?

Good day all,

Daily i am working with 2 projects. Each has unique settings of preferences. How to create 2 custom preferences? and how to toggle between them?

Any procedure?.

Thanks in advance....

-Velu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe there is a way to do a preference 1 and 2 switch without some creativety. A couple approaches are listed below.

1) Use a batch file to just jump back and forth between the preference files. Problem with this is that you need to restart IsoDraw between. You could probably get a macro to assist, but still fairly complex.

2) My second recommendation, and the one I've implemented on our site, is the create two blank files. One with each set of preferences. Since each file has the preferences embedded, you don't have to worry what preference you have set as your default.

When you need a new file, you can just copy and rename the appropriate file. Again, a macro can simplify this as well. The complexity of your fix would be related directly to how much you're doing. If this is just a few weeks, I'd suggest option two and just do it manually. If you will be doing this indefinitely, like we are, I'd recommend getting a macro set up to assist.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I don't believe there is a way to do a preference 1 and 2 switch without some creativety. A couple approaches are listed below.

1) Use a batch file to just jump back and forth between the preference files. Problem with this is that you need to restart IsoDraw between. You could probably get a macro to assist, but still fairly complex.

2) My second recommendation, and the one I've implemented on our site, is the create two blank files. One with each set of preferences. Since each file has the preferences embedded, you don't have to worry what preference you have set as your default.

When you need a new file, you can just copy and rename the appropriate file. Again, a macro can simplify this as well. The complexity of your fix would be related directly to how much you're doing. If this is just a few weeks, I'd suggest option two and just do it manually. If you will be doing this indefinitely, like we are, I'd recommend getting a macro set up to assist.

Top Tags