cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Current Cost Per Seat (Arbortext Editor Standalone w/Print Composer) Sales Channel Query

RobertWilliams
1-Newbie

Current Cost Per Seat (Arbortext Editor Standalone w/Print Composer) Sales Channel Query

Apologies for my laziness (slogging through endless PTC marketing pages really tiresome and less than fruitful result).. but does anyone (or a PTC Arbortext sales channel person - or link to the same - monitoring this forum), know what the current cost per seat is forArbortext Editor Standalone (6.0 / 6.1?) with and without Print Composer?

We are small shop, two seats currently, needing to add 1-3 more (depending on cost). We do military TMs (almost exclusively) with gov't provided DTDs and stylesheet sets, requiring PDFs as part of the deliverable file set with each project).

The PTC Arbortext server/content manager/print server cost is stratospheric for us - hence we work standalone.

We are also exploring alternatives like Oxygen-Antenna House, JEdit, and XMLSpy for lower cost ancillary editing stations. I'm also really interested in what small shop hi-low cost mix workstations folks here have come up with.

Thanks in advance for all reads and replies.

Regards

Bristol RI, US

5 REPLIES 5

Bob,

Off the top of my head I don't know the per seat cost. Though I do recall it is competitive with Spy and Oxygen.

One thing to consider with any of the editors is a floating license. Consider if all your seats will be editing at the same time. It may be cheaper to get a floating editor license. Certainly look at that for the print composer license as I seriously doubt everyone will be printing at the same time.

Lynn
---- Bob Williams <-> wrote:
> Apologies for my laziness (slogging through endless PTC marketing pages really tiresome and less than fruitful result).. but does anyone (or a PTC Arbortext sales channel person - or link to the same - monitoring this forum), know what the current cost per seat is for Arbortext Editor Standalone (6.0 / 6.1?) with and without Print Composer?
> We are small shop, two seats currently, needing to add 1-3 more (depending on cost).  We do military TMs (almost exclusively) with gov't provided DTDs and stylesheet sets, requiring PDFs as part of the deliverable file set with each project).
> The PTC Arbortext server/content manager/print server cost is stratospheric for us - hence we work standalone.
> We are also exploring alternatives like Oxygen-Antenna House, JEdit, and XMLSpy for lower cost ancillary editing stations.  I'm also really interested in what small shop hi-low cost mix workstations folks here have come up with.
> Thanks in advance for all reads and replies.
> Regards
> Bob W.
> Bristol RI, US
> (a tiny little TM & logistics shop in a tiny little state)
>
>      
> ----------     

Bob

The last time we bought a seat the cost was about $700.00, probably a lot
more now. Print Composer floating licenses are, as I remember, > $2K per.
I don't know what a locked node license would cost but I would not recommend
that for Print Composer. Contact a PTC reseller agent for more meaningful
info. Also listen to what Lynn Hales has to say, he really has some great
insight.

John

_____

For editors they all seem to be within range of each other. One thing with military materials you may not be able to use a plain XML solution as many of the specs seem to only provide SGML and fosi requirements. So Arbor text is the best way to go there.

If you can make your own style sheets and just provide PDF then you have a little flexibility.

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® II

Thanks all for the insights. Mucho appreciado! Regards, Bob W, Bristol RI, US

Yes, yes I do know the answer. Feel free to contact me directly at
janice.summers@single-surcing.com if no one else has responded (which I
find hard to believe)

Janice

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Bob Williams <->
wrote:

> Apologies for my laziness (slogging through endless PTC marketing pages
> really tiresome and less than fruitful result).. but does anyone (or a PTC
> Arbortext sales channel person - or link to the same - monitoring this
> forum), know what the current cost per seat is for Arbortext Editor
> Standalone (6.0 / 6.1?) with and without Print Composer?
>
> We are small shop, two seats currently, needing to add 1-3 more (depending
> on cost). We do military TMs (almost exclusively) with gov't provided DTDs
> and stylesheet sets, requiring PDFs as part of the deliverable file set
> with each project).
>
> The PTC Arbortext server/content manager/print server cost is
> stratospheric for us - hence we work standalone.
>
> We are also exploring alternatives like Oxygen-Antenna House, JEdit, and
> XMLSpy for lower cost ancillary editing stations. I'm also really
> interested in what small shop hi-low cost mix workstations folks here have
> come up with.
>
> Thanks in advance for all reads and replies.
>
> Regards
>
> Bob W.
>
> Bristol RI, US
>
> (a tiny little TM & logistics shop in a tiny little state)
>
Top Tags