cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

DITA map on Arbortext Editor 5.3

ptc-2777232
1-Newbie

DITA map on Arbortext Editor 5.3

Newbie warning: I've just started using both Arbortext Editor and DITA. Editor with Styler R53M050-1016 of 21 January 2008. I'm trying to put together a document using a ditamap and publish it using File>Compose>For Web…. I've put a <title> element in my map and included a few files using <topicref> elements. When I compose it, the output I get has the title of the first topicref'd file as the title of the document in the nav panel and a blank page as the first page (the cover?) of the document in the text panel. The rest of the TOC and the rest of the text pages look as I expect them to look. (The title of the first topicref'd file also shows up as the first subtitle in the nav panel, just where it should be.) As an alternative, I tried putting in a title as an attribute to the map element (that's how it seemed to be done in JoAnne Hackos's 2007 book on DITA and Arbortext, though the interface seems to have changed since then). No joy. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? Thanks, Travis -
1 REPLY 1

Travis, You'll have to include your dita in a ditamap. Once this is done, add the ID to the ditamap and shazam. Which DTD are you using? If this is your frist time with DITA, I would recommend using the DITA OT from the OASIS website. /ryan
Top Tags