1. Could you give me an example of the before and after for the DOCTYPE
2. If I understood you correctly (and this may negate number 1), what is
happening is this
ArborText, Inc., 1988-2003, v.4002
ENTITY LIST goes here]>
If so, then this is an OASIS TR that Epic is implementing, on its own. I
use the DTD fragment routinely and I love it. Not all apps recognize it,
but it is valid.
Paul Nagai's response may be pretty close to helping. The full help topic
is number 580. I opened Epic (5.2 M020) and did an 'eval
option("writeentdecls")' and it appears the default is 'rootallchildref'
(it is there in the help, but you have to look for it [or like I did,
search for it]).
One of the things stated in the help file on this is this. Do not change
this too often or allow different users to have different settings. Here,
here. That is one reason why I took changing preferences away from my
users. We had one PRF/WCF or whatever it has been named in 5.2 😄 and
everyone marched to it. Definitely stopped a lot of problems in the data
when that happened. (I was also a real hard a$$ and took away the touchup
menu too. Those Arbortext PIs were not recognized by our external
publication system and caused major problems).
Now for a rant.
<rant>If Epic is changing your source data in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM
(except for the occasional PI) unilaterally and without telling you, that,
to me, is WRONG. Arbortext and I have been through this once before. In
Adept 7 when Arbortext decided to "fix" everyone's CALS tables first time
you opened a file (and caused my group three hard weeks of rework).
Any change made to source data can have an adverse impact on that data
during processing and should not be done.</rant>