cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Epic startup syntax usage

MichaelFrederic
1-Newbie

Epic startup syntax usage

I would like to have Epic perform a completeness check and return an error code indicating the result of that check. No other processing, no GUI (if possible). Just startup, do the check, exit with appropriate error code. It appears that this functionality is possible in the help files, as: epic.exe -b -c "check_completeness" document But when I execute that at my site I get a very fast (< 1 sec) return with the return code always being 0 (zero). Since I work at a large computer hardware company, it is my assumption that we have some sort of captive startup situation that is preventing me from doing this. Can anyone help me with digging through this?
1 REPLY 1

OK, so I'll answer my own posting. Unfortunately this seems to be the trend on vendor-sponsored forums like this one The command that I was using was correct. Epic runs as a separate process and when you use the -b option your process does not connect to the console. So it looks like nothing is happening (your startup of epic does not wait for epic to complete). So I had to add the -log logfile switch and wait for the completion of the process and scan the log file. The command ended-up like: epic.exe -b -c "check_completeness" -log logfile document and then I had to add some trickery to get my invoking batch file to wait for epic.exe to complete. But it does seem to work.
Announcements

Top Tags