cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Epic-with-styler: Matching condition for a particular cursor position in Edit window

sureshmaddela
1-Newbie

Epic-with-styler: Matching condition for a particular cursor position in Edit window

Hi,

I am using Product "Arbortext Editor with Styler" with Version 5.3 M120.

Although we use Styler as our source stylesheet, We also have FOSI code, and FOSI is the final stylesheet delivered to Client.

After association of FOSI files to Edit widow and Print, Is there a way in "Arbortext Editor with Style" Edit window through which we can find the matching condition for a particular cursor position in Edit window?

I am aware of the following command:

fed_eic at the command-line, but this will open a matching context for a particular cursor position in Edit window.

But my requirement is to get a matching condition with in a context for a particular cursor position in Edit window.

All your inputs are really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Suresh
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Suresh,

I may be getting this wrong, but if I'm not, here is my feedback:

1. Open Arbortext Editor w/ Styler application and then open your XML
document.
2. From menus: Styler -> Edit Stylesheet (this opens the Styler window)

Now when you click in your document window, the Styler window will move
to highlight the Element and Context which applies to the point you
clicked in your document. You will also notice that if a Context has any
Conditions, the icons for the applicable Conditions will also be
highlighted in green.

If none of this is working, then you need to go to the Options menu (in
the Styler window), and ensure that "Synchronize Elements with Editor"
is selected.

Cheers,
Gareth

Venkata Suresh Maddela wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
> I am using Product "Arbortext Editor with Styler" with Version 5.3 M120.
>
> Although we use Styler as our source stylesheet, We also have FOSI code, and FOSI is the final stylesheet delivered to Client.
>
>
>
> After association of FOSI files to Edit widow and Print, Is there a way in "Arbortext Editor with Style" Edit window through which we can find the matching condition for a particular cursor position in Edit window?
>
>
>
> I am aware of the following command:
>
> fed_eic at the command-line, but this will open a matching context for a particular cursor position in Edit window.
>
> But my requirement is to get a matching condition with in a context for a particular cursor position in Edit window.
>
>
>
> All your inputs are really appreciated.
>
>
>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Suresh
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

Hi Gareth/All,

Sorry, It looks to me that may be I was not much clear about my requirement. I would re-frame my requirement more clearly.

I would like to know matching condition of FOSI code for a particular cursor position in Edit window.
Though I am using Epic with Styler, My association for Print and screen Stylesheet are both FOSIs.

If I have a FOSI association stylefile for Epic Editor view or screen view and for a particular cursor position, I would like to know what would be the appropriate matching condition of a specific context of FOSI code?

I am aware of the following command:
fed_eic at the command-line, but this will open a matching context of FOSI code for a particular cursor position in Edit window.
But my requirement is to get a matching condition with in a context of a FOSI code for a particular cursor position in Edit window.

I really appreciate your response.Thank you.

Suresh

Suresh,

Since you're talking about FOSI, I'm not sure how Styler will handle the command, nor do I know if Styler will still give you the windows from Architect (the FOSI developer app).

What you can try is to position your cursor where you want to know the context for FOSI needs, go to the command line and type "modifyeic" and press <enter>. Assuming that you've got your document type pointing to the default FOSI for the document type, it should give you the "Style Catagories" window that shows you everything about the e-i-c you're positioned at.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Top Tags