cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Gaining control of input boxes

thendricks
3-Visitor

Gaining control of input boxes

When I prompt for user input using the Get command the box defaults to the center of the screen and it is rather large. Is there any way to control size and/or location of the input box?
2 REPLIES 2
TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:thendricks)

I agree it should be customisable and think that the macro language needs extending to allow for things that are provided in other CAD type applications. Such as, being able to create more intricate toolbars or menus (allow text and multiple columns). Also some form of 'no-response-required' screen prompt that lets a macro indicate to the user they should pick points on the screen. Typical drawing macros expect the user to pick a start point and an end point to set size and/or orientation and the only way to prompt for this at the moment seems to be to make it pop up a box with the prompt in it. This box has to be closed by clicking on it before a point can be picked, so it's too long-winded (like my posts on this forum:-) and gets irritating if used in a macro.

Hi Trevor, hi Tim, influencing size and position of dialog boxes is currently not possible. Especially in macro languages, API, etc. there is always something to enhance. In the best case this "evolution" comes from users working that intense with the macro language as you do. I recommend that you file a call with the call logger on the PTC support website (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/call_logger/call_logger.jsp) for each enhancement you desire. That is a bit of an additional effort but it assures that these items are routed into the product development process for consideration. Thank you, Christian
Top Tags