cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How do I get keydef to support Italics?

bfriesen
16-Pearl

How do I get keydef to support Italics?

We have a model name that has an Italicized letter in it. How do I get the keydef to support italics?

Thanks

Bryon

6 REPLIES 6

You might need to provide an example of your problem, and why italics are not working.

The third line says M155E4, the E needs to be in italics. If I ctrl+I the letter, I get a A20294 Requested formating is not allowed in this context message at the bottom of the screen.

keydef.jpg

Thanks

BRyon

Hi Bryon--

I think your problem doesn't really have anything to do with keydefs, but rather it's because you're trying to insert inline formatting in a <keyword> element, where it is not allowed. You will probably either have to modify your schema, or live without italics in your keywords metadata.

--Clay

Thanks Clay, I have found this file smamap.mod, if I add the %univ-atts to the keyref should it work.

Bryon

=================================================== -->

<!--                    COMMON ATTLIST SETS                        -->

<!-- ============================================================= -->

<!-- Currently: same as topicref, minus @query -->

<!ENTITY % chapter-atts

'navtitle   CDATA                             #IMPLIED

href       CDATA                             #IMPLIED

keyref     CDATA                             #IMPLIED

%univ-atts;

copy-to    CDATA                             #IMPLIED

outputclass

CDATA                             #IMPLIED

%topicref-atts;

%univ-atts;'                                            >

Hi Bryon,

Hacking the smamap definitions in this way may break DITA for you, and also means you now have to maintain a customized version of the SMA code and roll it out to all users. Specializing DITA properly is a little involved but does allow specializations to be portable. The process is documented here: http://www.xiruss.org/tutorials/dita-specialization/ (Element Domain Specialization is what allows new elements to be defined and "subclassed" from an ancestor element)

Unfortunately, making a definition of an element e.g. <keyword> more expansive like you would need to do is not permitted via specialization. You can only make definitions more restrictive. Do you have to use <keyword>? If not, try finding another element that is more appropriate for formatted text (keyword is intended for text strings only). For example <ph> allows ful formatting. This might be a good starting point: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/topicmeta.html

Cheers,

Gareth

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:bfriesen)

Hey Bryon,

Did adding the keyref to the entity work as you expected?

Let the Community know if any more is needed.  Thanks!

Top Tags