cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I un-comment out DITA code that I commented out with Insert > Comment?

sfogel
1-Newbie

How do I un-comment out DITA code that I commented out with Insert > Comment?

Hi, all. Sometimes I want to comment out my DITA code with XML comments (Insert > Comment.)  But when it's time to uncomment it out without going to the untagged view, I'm stumped. What's the easy way to do this?

Thx

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:sfogel)

‌there is a keyboard shortcut that will remove them if your cursor is inside the comment. I can't remember whether it is specific to comments or whether it's the same one that strips elements. If it doesn't show up on the menu, type "show fullkeymap" on the command line.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pnagai
4-Participant

‌there is a keyboard shortcut that will remove them if your cursor is inside the comment. I can't remember whether it is specific to comments or whether it's the same one that strips elements. If it doesn't show up on the menu, type "show fullkeymap" on the command line.

Hi Steve--

Paul's right, it's just the regular "delete markup" function. Ctrl-Shift-X, or Edit->Uncomment from the menus will do the trick. You can also click the corresponding toolbar button, which looks like a tag marker with a big red X over it.

--Clay

rdiaz
5-Regular Member

Hi Steve,

Were you able to resolve this with the above comments?

Please let us know if you are still having problems, otherwise feel free to mark an answer as correct and keep the community strong.  Thanks!

Top Tags