cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How do I use an 'att' command in an ACL script to capture the character that's left of the cursor?

ggrosso0321
6-Contributor

How do I use an 'att' command in an ACL script to capture the character that's left of the cursor?

I am trying to find a way to capture the character immediately to the left of the cursor from within one of my ACL functions. For example, let's assume that my | character is the cursor and I have this text "The fox is furry and red"

If my cursor is positioned like so: "The fox is| furry and red" then I should get the character 's' which is immediately to the left of my cursor shown above.

There is a command called attribute (or just att) that returns a bunch of information, but how do I get the single character shown in the return of that att command? It seems that it can only be used on the command line, but I need to find a way to do this in my ACL script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because the ACL reference is not clear on how to use this command. Also, perhaps there's a BETTER way (i.e. another ACL function) to get the character as described above. Either way, please have a look and let me know your thoughts on it.

- Giorgio

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags