cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to Set ArborText Publishing Engine to Use Local Graphics

JamesCLS
6-Contributor

How to Set ArborText Publishing Engine to Use Local Graphics

We have two very similar DTDs.  Both DTDs have the exact same graphic definition. Graphics for both DTDs are using the same exact folder structure. SGML files for both DTDs are pointing to graphics in the same exact manner.

However, graphics are behaving very differently. For DTD-A, ArborText Publishing Engine will use local graphics when creating the PDF.  For DTD-B, ArborText Publishing Engine will not use local graphics when creating the PDF.

Am I missing a setting someplace?

EDIT: Both DTDs are using the same exact style sheet (the DTDs are that similar that one style sheet works for both of them).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesCLS
6-Contributor
(To:JamesCLS)

For anyone who comes across this, it was the DCF file - DTD-A had one while DTD-B did not.  Plus, after providing DTD-B with the same DCF file, there was a delayed reaction from the ArborText Publishing Engine. After about 20 minutes, the PE started reading the new DCF file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't have an answer but it would be interesting to learn more details: what publishing engine you are using (FOSI or APP), if your graphics are referenced by entity (as opposed to filename), is NOTATION or NDATA used, etc.

JamesCLS
6-Contributor
(To:GarethOakes)

I'm using the XSL-FO engine. The graphics are using an entities with NDATA.

However, it was a missing DCF file that was the culprit. Additionally, the PE took a few minutes to start using the new DCF file.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up! This is valuable knowledge for the community and I'm glad you got the problem resolved.

JamesCLS
6-Contributor
(To:JamesCLS)

For anyone who comes across this, it was the DCF file - DTD-A had one while DTD-B did not.  Plus, after providing DTD-B with the same DCF file, there was a delayed reaction from the ArborText Publishing Engine. After about 20 minutes, the PE started reading the new DCF file.

Top Tags