cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to change Arbortext Editor default background color?

mgraham
2-Guest

How to change Arbortext Editor default background color?

I'm tired of having a plain white background while tagging SGML in Arbortext Editor. I want to try something darker to reduce some eye strain. I can easily change the color of my tags, but I'm struggling with how to change the default white background to something else. Is it even possible?

I've tried window_set(canvasbackground blah blah blah) , but either I'm not sure how to use that command or that command does not work in the way I'm thinking it should work.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi--

You need to specify the window in the window_set() call. I was able to make this work as expected:

window_set(current_window(), "canvasbackground", "green")

You can use any of the named colors (search the Help Center for the complete list), or a CSS style hex triplet color spec, e.g. "#FFAAAA" for light red.

--Clay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi--

You need to specify the window in the window_set() call. I was able to make this work as expected:

window_set(current_window(), "canvasbackground", "green")

You can use any of the named colors (search the Help Center for the complete list), or a CSS style hex triplet color spec, e.g. "#FFAAAA" for light red.

--Clay

Awesome! Thank you. The help page that discussed the "window_set" command doesn't make it very clear exactly how to fomat the syntax for the command - at least for this novice. I'm sure somewhere in the help there is a page discussing how to set up command line stuff, but it probably would have taken me hours to find it.

Thanks for the clarification on this: I was able to successfully change the background color. However, despite saving preferences and configurations, the same file reopens with a white background every time. Can this be set as a permanent preference? 

Top Tags