cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to set the Change Tracking via the DCF ?

akrithalllal
1-Newbie

How to set the Change Tracking via the DCF ?

Hi,

I have created a dcf file for Arbortext Editor. How do I turn on the Change Tracking using the dcf file ?

Kind Regards

Ashona@

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ashona--

Change tracking is not managed by the DCF. It is a characteristic of the session, rather than a document type.

You can control it via ACL, using set changetracking=on, or the user can switch it on and off dynamically from the Tools menu.

If you want it to be turned on by default when users open a document, you could put an ACL file in your custom/editinit folder that includes the set changetracking=on command.

--Clay

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Ashona--

Change tracking is not managed by the DCF. It is a characteristic of the session, rather than a document type.

You can control it via ACL, using set changetracking=on, or the user can switch it on and off dynamically from the Tools menu.

If you want it to be turned on by default when users open a document, you could put an ACL file in your custom/editinit folder that includes the set changetracking=on command.

--Clay

Hi Clay, I have added the acl to the editinit folder, now when you open a topic and close it with out making any changes it asks to save.Is this normal? Also is there a way to have the track changes bar show up at the top of the screen?

Thanks

Bryon

Hi Bryon--

Yes, because the change tracking metadata is stored in the document, including whether CT is turned on for that document or not. (This is done via namespaced markup, which you can see if you open the file in a text editor after saving this way.)

If you want it to behave more naturally, so that the CT metadata doesn't trigger the "dirty" bit on the document that causes it to prompt for save when you close it, you could add a line to your editinit to clear the modified flag immediately after enabling CT. So your ACL file would look something like this:

set changetracking=on;

modified(0,0); # first zero means "current doc", second zero means "mark as not modified"

Now, if no further changes are made, you shouldn't get prompted to save. But if other changes are made, they will flip the modified flag back on, and you'll get prompted as usual.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the track changes bar". If you mean you want to dock the Accept/Reject changes dialog to the top of the edit window, you can probably do that with some ACL code. Try something like this in your editinit:

require _chgtrk;

$ct_win = _chgtrk::OpenDialog();

$ct_doc = _xmldlg::getWindowDoc($_chgtrk::ct_win);

oid_modify_attr(oid_root($ct_doc),"dock","top");

There may be complications with this approach if you have multiple documents open at the same time--I haven't tried that so I don't know for sure.

--Clay

Works like a charm. Thank you clay. This sure would be nice if it was ootb.

Thanks

Bryon

Ashona,

Did Clay's response resolve your issue?

If so, could you mark the response that assisted you with "Correct Answer"?

Doing so assists the community with knowing that a solution was found in the discussion.

Hi Clay,

Thanks so much, this works perfectly.

Kind Regards

Ashona

Top Tags