cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

I want to generate circle number exceeding ⑮.

kjoono
5-Regular Member

I want to generate circle number exceeding ⑮.

Hi,

When I am publishing PDF using Styler, I want to generate circle number exceeding .

So I downloaded 'CombiNumerals' and 'h_circum' fonts.

And I tried to blow :

1) Open Styler

2) Go to 'Generated Text > Numbers' and click 'Details' button

3) Click 'Font' Button and assing 'CombiNumerals' or 'h_circum'

But, I could not get results that I want.

Please help me with this.

Best Regards

Kim, Joon O

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are using circle numbers to refer to a Creo Illustrate CAD graphic that has a number 1 or 2 or whatever in a circle that points to a component in that graphic. Our implementation uses the <ph> tag like this:

<ph>1<ph> will display the number one in a circle wherever this is inserted in the text.

Originally, the stylesheet would put a PNG image or EPS image of a number with a circle wherever this was used when published to PDF or Web. By styling it with an element like <ph> all of our manuals update when we change the GENTEXT code.

So we now are using the CombiNumerals font but are looking at purchasing a different font that we like better that is easier to read. Simply install the font on the Arbortext + Styler machine for working on the stylesheet, also install it on the PE and the manuals will update automatically the next time they are published. Everything still works with <ph>27<ph> or whatever number is in the tags.

Easy right?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Joon,

It is necessary that fonts be installed on both the client machine and the PE server.

Are you trying to use circled numbers for auto-generated numbers that increment?

Like numbers used for Chapter, Sections, etc.?

Incremental numbers use digits. 15 is comprised of two digits, 1 and 5. Arbortext Editor does not know to collapse 1 and 5 into a single character like ⑮.

Is that your goal?

kjoono
5-Regular Member
(To:TimPhelps)

Hi Tim

Yes, I would like to make auto-generated circle numbers for the "<ol><li>..</li><li>..</li> ...  <li>..</li></ol>".

My problem is that it can't generated circle number if <li> tag more than 15.

So, I found two fonts that can be display more than .

As you mentioned 'CombiNumerals' font generate a circle number by combinating the two digit.

'H_CIRNUM' font contains circle number exceeding . But, it has different character order from other fonts.

I don't know how to auto generate circle number using this font in styler.

What do I use styler using this font ?

Or is there a way to use another font ?

Best Regards

Kim, Joon O

We are using circle numbers to refer to a Creo Illustrate CAD graphic that has a number 1 or 2 or whatever in a circle that points to a component in that graphic. Our implementation uses the <ph> tag like this:

<ph>1<ph> will display the number one in a circle wherever this is inserted in the text.

Originally, the stylesheet would put a PNG image or EPS image of a number with a circle wherever this was used when published to PDF or Web. By styling it with an element like <ph> all of our manuals update when we change the GENTEXT code.

So we now are using the CombiNumerals font but are looking at purchasing a different font that we like better that is easier to read. Simply install the font on the Arbortext + Styler machine for working on the stylesheet, also install it on the PE and the manuals will update automatically the next time they are published. Everything still works with <ph>27<ph> or whatever number is in the tags.

Easy right?

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:aburke-2)

Joon,

Did Andrew's information help out?  Let us know if you have any follow-up questions on this.  Thanks!

kjoono
5-Regular Member
(To:aburke-2)

Hi,

I resolved my problem long time ago. Late, but I would like to share my solution.

My solution is almost similar to Andrew's comment.

It is as follow :

1. Prepare a font to support more than circle number 15

- I used 'Quivira' font.

2. Edit stylesheet

1) Add 'XPath Condition' for <li> tag

2) Add 'Generated text' for the 'XPath Condition'

circleNumber.png

- Because 'count method' starts with 0, 'Generated text' is a 1 bigger than count.

- However, this way has a constraint that must know the max number.

BR

Kim, Joon O

Top Tags