cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Image to show up on cover when profile used, not showing.

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Image to show up on cover when profile used, not showing.

I am wanting to add an image to my cover using styler. I would like it only to show when I choose the profile OM and set my language to ru. I have created a UFE for it and created a condition for it

XPATH expression (//servicemanualmap/@xml:lang="ru") is true and

XPATH expression (//servicemanualmap/@otherprops="Op_Manual")

When I publish I do not get my desired result.

See attached image in styler. I must be missing something.

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK sorry I didn't say that XPath is bad, just the // (double-slash) operator. This causes the entire document to be queried.

The problem in this case is clearly with your conditions, you'll have to have a close look at the RDS and see exactly what structure is available in order to build the conditions correctly. I don't think the RDS will show your UFE but I think you should remember which element you attached the UFE generation to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you sure the UFE is being generated correctly? What element is generating the UFE? Is that element in the document you are publishing? Is the UFE generation being disabled by a condition or context? You can check the full document context by Editing the Resolved Document for Styling.

BTW, the UFE setup looks OK, but you could also check your conditional logic by disabling the conditions and see if the graphic always comes out. Also you should always avoid // XPath conditions as they will search the entire document which can slow the publishing process tremendously.

Thanks for the help so far Gareth, after diagnosing a bad .eps file. With no conditions the image shows on the cover. With condtions enabled the image does not show when they are selected when publishing. I do not see the image in the image in the RDS. Actually I do not see any of the images on my cover in the RDS. If I should stay away from xpath what should I look at using? I have changed it to

if attribute "xml:lang" of element "servicemanualmap" = "ru" and attribute "otherprops" of element "servicemanualmap" = "Op_manual" and set it to all test are true. Still does not show up. I tried them individually also. Stll no go. I am explicity settign the language on the ditamap to ru, but the the Op_manual is being set when I choice the profiles when printing does that lead it to some where else??

10-2-2014 10-36-16 AM.jpg

Bryon

OK sorry I didn't say that XPath is bad, just the // (double-slash) operator. This causes the entire document to be queried.

The problem in this case is clearly with your conditions, you'll have to have a close look at the RDS and see exactly what structure is available in order to build the conditions correctly. I don't think the RDS will show your UFE but I think you should remember which element you attached the UFE generation to.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:bfriesen)

Hey Bryon.

Was Gareth's post enough to get you moving in the right direction?

Top Tags