cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Installing Arbortext Editor (Registered User License) on Citrix

peter.li
1-Newbie

Installing Arbortext Editor (Registered User License) on Citrix

Hi,

Has anyone actually installed this combination?

Struggling to find any official instructions and guides.

Thanks

Pete

2 REPLIES 2

Pete,

We use the Editor through Citrix all the time. Works fine. However, we use it with a Concurrent License, NOT a Fixed License. I would assume there is something in the ELan license manager preventing this scenario from happening since there is no way to prevent more than one user from starting up a second (or more) session of the program. I realize that you can somewhat control that with Citrix, but PTC, I don't think, likes to remove themselves from the license equation.

Our Editors use Citrix everyday with many users at one time hitting our Citrx servers. However, we have a 60-key license on our server that doles out one to each connection. If the 61st was to try to connect, they'd get a license error.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info.

Since PTC introduced the registered user license, it seems more cost effective to deploy over Citrix using those licenses as they are deployed in the same way as floating licenses which are 4 times the cost.

However the onus is on the user to make sure they don't go over their allocation of licenses as there is nothing to tell them that!

Cheers

Pete

In Reply to Bob Spangenburg:

Pete,

We use the Editor through Citrix all the time. Works fine. However, we use it with a Concurrent License, NOT a Fixed License. I would assume there is something in the ELan license manager preventing this scenario from happening since there is no way to prevent more than one user from starting up a second (or more) session of the program. I realize that you can somewhat control that with Citrix, but PTC, I don't think, likes to remove themselves from the license equation.

Our Editors use Citrix everyday with many users at one time hitting our Citrx servers. However, we have a 60-key license on our server that doles out one to each connection. If the 61st was to try to connect, they'd get a license error.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Top Tags