cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there a command to compile several PDF files in only one with Arbortext Editor ?

dgopois
12-Amethyst

Is there a command to compile several PDF files in only one with Arbortext Editor ?

I have a file "master" xml that references other xml files (of different types, different pattern depending on the type of document). From this file, I run a command that generates the ACL of each PDF file.

My question is, is there a way from Arbortext Editor to assemble all these PDF files into a single PDF file?

Kind regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe there is a way to merge PDFs in Arbortext from the command line (but would love to be proven wrong).

This shouldn't cause you problems though. There are so many PDF merge tools out there you could probably find a suitable command-line driven one with a quick google search.

Alternatively if you know any Java programming at all you could quite quickly build a merging tool using the iText library. You could add that Java class to your Arbortext setup and then call a java_static() ACL method using the Arbortext command line that would do the merging.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I don't believe there is a way to merge PDFs in Arbortext from the command line (but would love to be proven wrong).

This shouldn't cause you problems though. There are so many PDF merge tools out there you could probably find a suitable command-line driven one with a quick google search.

Alternatively if you know any Java programming at all you could quite quickly build a merging tool using the iText library. You could add that Java class to your Arbortext setup and then call a java_static() ACL method using the Arbortext command line that would do the merging.

Top Tags