cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

IsoView v5 not working properly

ptc-2063713
1-Newbie

IsoView v5 not working properly

I try to open a CGM file in an Internet Explorer browser ; I drag&drop CGM file from Windows Explorer to IE. The file is not open, an error message dialog is displayed, telling that "IsoView can not open it". If I try to open an ISO file (like DefaultHatchings.iso from Isoview installation directory), it works correctly. The problem occurs on Windows systems (XP/Vista) with chinese language. The CGM file can be successfully opened in other environments. Is there an issue to this problem ? Regards Jerome
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jerome, there can be many reasons why this file does not open. Vista is not a supported plattform for IsoView yet. Before taking other OS issues on supported plattforms in consideration you can check this: First of all it can be a CGM file that IsoView 5 "does not know" (E.g.: I believe IsoView 5 does know how to handle S1000D CGMs). Hence I recommend to check if IsoView 5 refuses to open all CGM flavors. IE handles the IsoView CGM connection with a so called MIME type, you may check if there is something wrong. You can give the IsoView 7 Evaluation Kit a try as well. If it works with that, it is worth to consider an upgrade to the most recent version of IsoView (currently version 7.0, IsoView 5 was released around 2001). regards, Christian

Hi Christian, Thank you for your answer. My CGM file can be opened correctly when I use a "classic" Windows XP / Vista environment ; the problem appears on Windows XP / Vista with specific language settings (problem seen with chinese and czech environment). I'm going to ask my chinese client to test IsoView 7.0 version... I'll give you feedback. Regards Jerome

My problem has been resolved with IsoView v7. Thank you for your help. Jerome
Top Tags