cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Isodraw macro, triggering on file - save

ChrisMeeds
1-Newbie

Isodraw macro, triggering on file - save

I have recently created some time saver macros for speeding up the process of creating illustrations to the S1000D standard. I have a hotspotter, a file checker (for things such things as typefaces, elements within boundaries, empty Background layer etc.) and they work extremely well. But, I have created one that replaces the illustration id reference in the bottom-right corner of the illustration template area, it takes the input as the current file name without the extension as the input and at present it works by selecting the macro from the dropdown menu with the file open.

I would like to know if there is a way to trigger this macro when using the normal 'save' or 'save as' in Isodraw, or somehow capture the 'on change' event when the file is renamed as the trigger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

For your specific request, I am at a loss. We found that the built in menu didn't allow for any customization or event triggers.

As an alternative I might recommend the approach we implemented. Custom toolbars are possible and have obvious benefits with macros. In our case I created a "Save" macro. This macro does a group of tasks beyond just the simplistic save. This approach of course requires users to use the button versus the menu, but it does work. Luckily, for us, I was able to implement this early on before our user base was used to the menu|save.

Top Tags