cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Keeping Tables on Odd Pages

TshedisoSerei
1-Newbie

Keeping Tables on Odd Pages

Dear All

Please help: Client is working on a manual that has Figures on Even Pages and corresponding Tables on Odd Pages.

I have been battling to achieve the desired result with Page Sets, in addition, the challenge comes in where a Table for one Figure runs over 2 pages - I need the Table to break, then either the Figure is repeated on the Even Page or the page is left blank, then the Table continues on the Odd Page.

What I have been getting is once I have defined a Page Set with Left and Right Page Types, I get the image on Even page, half the Table (which is correct) on the next (Odd Page), then the image again (Even Page) and my content flow stops the Table does not continue to the other page and my whole document does not output (PDF) i.e. only outputs up to the last Even Page with the image.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanking you

Tshediso

4 REPLIES 4

Are you using Styler, FOSI, XSL-FO, or APP?

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hi Suzanne

We are using Styler with APP as print engine

I don't think Styler is intended for this type of layout. The simplest trick I can think of would be to use Source Edits to set a flag when the table begins/ends. You then add a "column reference" and detect if you're inside a table at the top of an even page. In that case you output a page break <?re 2?> so the even page is left blank.

Implementing this would need knowledge of APP's Javascript FOM.

Thank you Gareth

Top Tags