cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Macro in Arbortext Editor with Styler

ptc-5110902
1-Newbie

Macro in Arbortext Editor with Styler

Hello all,

I have been looking for how to create and use macros with ACL fuctions in Arbortext Help centre but it seems it doesn't have much information about it.

I have found the description of each ACL function in "Arbortext Command Language Reference", however, it didin't really say where and how to create .mcf files and where to use it.

Can you please suggest me where to find the information? or give me instruction for how to create and use macros with ACL?

Kind regards,

Tomomi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5110902)

Hi Tomomi. This resolution to this may be as simple as adjusting the links, but without seeing the content, and how it's defined currently, it's tough to determine. It sounds as if you are doing things right though, and if that's the case, you may wish to open a case with TS, so we can investigate further.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Tomomi,

MCF files typically live in the doctypes directory of your custom directory. Is named the same as the doctype. So if your doctype is "docbook" then the mcf is docbook.mcf. If you need to save in a different location, you can configure this in the dcf file. Look at the Doctype Guide for more information.

As far as building the mcf file, I find it best to look at examples within the %Arbortext-Install% directory. Just search for *.mcf and you'll find a few. Like many config files in Arbortext, it is an XML file. The ACL code is wrapped in CDATA tags.

Hope this helps!

-Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your advice. It was very informative.

My understanding is that your information for Macro is mainly for the XML editing.

I would also like to know if ACL can be used for publishing.

I found so called "ACL publishing functions" in Arbortext Help Centre so I think they can be used for publishing. However I have no idea where and how to create and use a programme (or Macro) with those ACL publishing functions or ACL functions in general.

If you have such information, would you please suggest me that?

Kind regards,

Tomomi

Hi Tomomi,

ACL provides quite a bit of functionality. It is mostly for XML and UI manipulation as you said, but there are some ways to control other aspects, too. They may be more limited however.

It may be best if you describe what you are trying to achieve to provide a more accurate answer.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hello Jeff,

I'm sorry for being late for the reply.

I see that it is mostly for XML and UI.

What I am try to achieve is to make a linkage between the related links on HTML files.

The problem is as follows:

There are two DITA files "Topic A.dita" and "Topic B.dita" which have a related link to each other.

I would like to publish them by "HTML file" ( in Arbortext Editor Edit>Publish>HTML file) with Arbortext Editor with Styler.

However, the related links of both published HTML files "Topic A.html" and "Topic B.html" are not linked to each other.

I was wondering if there is any way to make a Macro to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Tomomi

Are the 2 files linked in the source DITA?

Dear Jeff,

Yes, they are linked in the source DITA files. These two are linked by the DITA element "Related Links".

Regards,

Tomomi

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5110902)

Hi Tomomi. This resolution to this may be as simple as adjusting the links, but without seeing the content, and how it's defined currently, it's tough to determine. It sounds as if you are doing things right though, and if that's the case, you may wish to open a case with TS, so we can investigate further.

Dear Rafael,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, maybe that's right. I will open the case for this matter with Technical Support.

Kind regards,

Tomomi

Top Tags