cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Newbie Question: Formating XML on Save

ptc-5872081
1-Newbie

Newbie Question: Formating XML on Save

Hi Chaps,

I'm a newbie to Abortext (with Styler 6.1) and learning as I go, and as such have a few questions, so starting with this one:

When Saving an XML, simply opening a file, then Save As, the XML is breaking an element/line, rather than maintaining the original format:
Start:
01.png
Abortext 6.1 view:
02.png
After (Save as) - Notice the break at Line 5 / 6
03.png
- Abortext also adds it's stamp (Line 2), can this be turned off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The "Arbortext stamp" I don't believe can be turned off. Arbortext has a large number of preferences for controlling behaviour. The two most relevant to what you are concerned about are "outputrecordlength" and "writenobreakattag".

You can find the full list of preferences under Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced. Note that some of those advanced preferences also have user-friendly counterparts under the regular Preferences dialog.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The "Arbortext stamp" I don't believe can be turned off. Arbortext has a large number of preferences for controlling behaviour. The two most relevant to what you are concerned about are "outputrecordlength" and "writenobreakattag".

You can find the full list of preferences under Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced. Note that some of those advanced preferences also have user-friendly counterparts under the regular Preferences dialog.

Top Tags