cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Page Numbering for a Blank Page in XSL-FO

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

Page Numbering for a Blank Page in XSL-FO

I'm working on a new XSL-FO stylesheet. I have my sections to always start on an odd page which will produce a blank page if the previous section ends on an odd page. My problem is that I need to the page number to show the blank page. So if the last page number in the section is Page 3 the page number should display as Page 3/Page 4 Blank.

I've tried fo:marker with fo:page-number-citaition but can't quite get the result that I need.

If anyone has successfully done this I would appreciate any help.

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4

I am using the DoD's XSL-FOs and they have reduced theirs to something like "Page-5 / blank" - perhaps until they get the page number count working (they currently have it commented out 🙂

<fo:marker marker-class-name="blank-page">
<xsl:text> / </xsl:text>

<xsl:text> blank</xsl:text>
</fo:marker>

Then, in <fo:block><fo:flow> they reference <fo:marker marker-class-name="blank-page">

This is in pageset-templ if you have access to the Army SGML/XML Registry & Library at asrl.com

John T. Jarrett CDT
Sr. Tech Writer, Tech Pubs, ILS, Land & Armaments/Global Tactical Systems

T 832.673.2147 | ext 1147 | -<">mailto:->
BAE Systems, 5000 I-10 West, Sealy, Texas USA 77474
www.baesystems.com

Thanks so much for your response. At least I know its not my coding. This is exactly what I am using just trying to generate that page number. I was wondering if you could just add 1 to the last page number but since you can't save fo:page-number or fo:page-number-citation into a variable I haven't been able to get that to work.

I'm going to leave it as is.

Thanks again,

sarah

Sometimes old SGML technology like FOSI still does some things better than XSL-FO.

AMEN!

Sarah

Top Tags