cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Parts Catalog script help

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Parts Catalog script help

What I am now trying to do is see if I can modify an exisiting script to add new functionality to it. But I need help as I am not a programmer.

The first script is for creating index term for part numbers in a column in a table. You place your cursor in the colomn that you want the index to show and press f12. It runs our auto_index.acl script (thanks Dmitry), works pretty good, doesnt stop when there is a blanks cell. Thanks to Suzanne Napoleon and Gareth Oakes for helping me with getting my index to properly format the numbering.

"For numerical sorting with FOSI indexing, you need a "sortas" attribute. For example:

<indexterm><primary>193217</primary></indexterm>

><indexterm><primary sort-as="01">19634</primary></indexterm>

When the sortas attribute has a value, FOSI coding adds an <ixkey> with the attribute value to the preliminary index entry. Index processing takes it from there.

"

I am now wondering if i can combine this idea with my index creation script that it will create the index term if it is not 6 characters then it will create a index-sort-as element and populate it with zeros an the first number what ever it may be.

my auto index script

$table_rows=tbl_row_count()

$column_to_process=tbl_caret_col()

while(tbl_caret_row() <= $table_rows && tbl_caret_row() > 0) {

oid_select(oid_caret(0))

copy_mark mymark

insert_tag(indexterm)

paste mymark

# insert("-")

if (goto_cell(tbl_caret_row()+1, $column_to_process) != 1)

{

break

}

}

Thanks in advance.

Bryon

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags