cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Print compose

LynnHales
1-Newbie

Print compose

Got a question for a friend of mine. She has suddenly lost her print options. They are now grayed out. Looking at her session information, the print composer is installed, but no license has been obtained.

I checked this with my session information and I have the same configuration. The only difference being my print functions are still showing as available.

She told me she this was working fine earlier in the morning and has now just died. She says her preferences have not been changed.

Among other issues she is seeing that may be related are under the formatting menu, the 'select stylesheets' option is grayed out AND it is the only option she has. Even with 'full menus' set to on.

Her version is 5.4 M050 with Macro$carf Windows XP 32bit.

She is also getting an error about not being able to locate icons when she starts up. She checked that error on the PTC site and it says it has to do with UNIX systems (strange for a Windoze system).

Thanks for any help.

Lynn
2 REPLIES 2

Did you try the old standby of rebooting? The icons thing makes me wonder if something about her general machine configuration is confused and maybe rebooting will straighten things out.

Lynn,

Assuming that the license file (fixed license) or license server
(concurrent) are intact, you might also want to take a look at
lib/installprefs.acl (previously known as lib/feature.cf, in 5.3 and
earlier) to make sure the line "set featurePrintPublishing=on" is
present.

-Brandon 🙂

Top Tags