cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem editing XIncluded objects

ptc-953926
1-Newbie

Problem editing XIncluded objects

Adepters:

We're using AE 5.4 patch M120. Our publishing environment uses XIncludes to reference objects in a map file (not DITA). So, if you check out a map and all of its children and open it in AE 5.4, you can edit all of the XIncluded objects that are expanded inline. However, one - and only one - user cannot edit these XIncluded objects as the editor either does not see them as writable or refuses to lock them for editing. He can open the objects individually outside of the map, so we know they're writable after the checkout (besides looking at their properties).

Anyone have any idea what AE is looking at to decide that these objects are read-only? We've uninstalled and reinstalled AE just in case something was corrupt. The data is on his local D drive that he has full access to. Since we can examine each individual object and verify that it is not read-only, I'm at a loss as to what's different on his machine (which is XP SP3).

Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Hi David--

You might try diffing that user's WCF file against another user's WCF
file who can successfully edit the files, to see if they have changed
some Arbortext preference that would be causing the problem.

To see where each user's WCF file is stored, from the menus choose
Help->About Arbortext Editor->Session, select the "Session" tab, and
find the "Preferences File" entry in the table.

--Clay

Clay Helberg

Senior Consultant

TerraXML

Thanks, Clay. That was it. He somehow had "inlineediting" set to "off". The default is "on", which everyone else uses. I wasn't even aware of that preference, so who knows how long I'd still be looking!

Dave
Top Tags