cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Problem preserving doctype header

ptc-953926
1-Newbie

Problem preserving doctype header

Adepters:

We're using AE 5.4 patch M100 and are having a problem wherein our original doctype headers are getting unwanted modifications (internal subset is getting removed). This only occurs when the document is edited from a larger document that references the edited document via an XInclude. If edited stand-alone, the doctype header remains intact.

Our original doctype header looks like this:

%textents;

%idsents;
]>

After a save (when edited from the larger document), the header looks like this:

It is imperative that these doctype headers remain intact as the ENTITY definitions are required in future access to the document.

Anyone have any suggestions? By the way, we're using a custom schema (no external DTD).

Dave Hintz
Siemens

4 REPLIES 4

You should ensure your writeentdecls is set to write entities to child documents. It only take one person with that set wrong to blow them all out. You should be able to use it to put them back, as well. See help 580

John

Thanks, John. I'd forgotten about that setting. It appears to do the trick.

Dave

This is one of the reasons why when I controlled 50 some authors, I removed the options portion of the menu from their curious minds and hands.

Seems (back in the EPIC 5.3 days one of them changed a similar setting (they wanted to see the characters of the character entity) and zapped 3 months of work. 😞

Lynn

---- "Hintz wrote:
> Thanks, John. I'd forgotten about that setting. It appears to do the trick.
>
> Dave
>

I always wanted offer a PTC/User session as a counter to Charles Angione's
Editor Tips & Tricks that would catalog all the things we admin / support /
developer-types can do to take the sharp and pointy toys away from the
authors. I thought it would be fun, even, to do a Dan Aykroyd v. Jane
Curtain presentation. In the end it fell apart because neither of us would
let the other be Jane. Bwa ha!

Top Tags