cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem publishing PDFs from map

Bobbert
6-Contributor

Problem publishing PDFs from map

Hi,

I'm trying to publish a PDF from a DITA map.  When I click File > Publish > PDF File, the output for each file just shows the path to the *.pdf.ditaLinks path for each file.  No content shows, except for the title that I use for the map..  I don't have any trouble publishing PDFs for individual files, just DITA maps.

Some background: the individual files were just converted to Arbortext from Word files, and we are starting the cleanup to standardize them.

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arbortext has to be able to "see" your file as a DITA map. I haven't messed with this stuff for a while, but the first thing I'd do is create a new DITA map in Arbortext to get one that works as a sample. I'd then compare that sample to the DITA maps that are problematic, and see what's different. It's probably just some sort of markup mismatch that is causing Arbortext to miss the fact it is a DITA map.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Arbortext has to be able to "see" your file as a DITA map. I haven't messed with this stuff for a while, but the first thing I'd do is create a new DITA map in Arbortext to get one that works as a sample. I'd then compare that sample to the DITA maps that are problematic, and see what's different. It's probably just some sort of markup mismatch that is causing Arbortext to miss the fact it is a DITA map.

Top Tags