Continuing to look into Styler and APP, I noticed some inaccuracies in the documentation about what FOSI/TeX supports, as detailed below. My comments are in color.
1. FOSI does support the following:
- Right to left formatting. I have worked on FOSI stylesheets for Arabic output and CJK output.
- Hanging punctuation.FOSI cansupport opening hangng punctuation, such as opening quotation marks, for the first line of an element using a simple ACL function (seeFOSI -- the right tool for the jobfor examples).According to the Styler Users Guide, APP Styler's default hanging punctuation support is for hanging commas and periods at the end of a line of justified text, something that is not used in technical documentation or service information. According to the APP for Styler Users manual: "A more extensive set of hanging punctuation can be accessed through a small source edit." However, I cannot find any more information about it.
- Borders for page regions.The Region category can be used for this.
- Gutter rules between columns.The Region category can be used for this.
- Automatic shrinking of graphics to avoid oversets. The Putgraph category can be used for this.
2. While the following formatting is suitable for layout-based documents such as magazines and brochures, it is generally not seen in technical documentation and service information, not even in owner's manuals.
- Rotation of main content flow permitted to any angle
- Pages containing main content flow permitted to have different widths
- Columns on a page permitted to vary in width
- Left blank pages permitted to vary from right blank pages (beyond what is handled with FOSI Rectobb and Versobf categories.)
NOTE: Not all APP capabilities are available with Styler or with Styler and APP source edits. Some APP capabilities are availableonlywith an "associated APP template" or a "native APP template." See AccessingAPPFeaturesin Help information for details.
Please let me know any questions.
Suzanne Napoleonwww.FOSIexpert.com"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"