cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Regarding indentation on the basis of given parameter in FOSI.

jeet1212
1-Newbie

Regarding indentation on the basis of given parameter in FOSI.

Dear All,

Could any body please tell me, how to parametrize the value of indent (leftind attribute) in FOSI ? also let me know is it possible or not. if not please let me know any approach to implement the indentation using parameter.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet

6 REPLIES 6

Define a style set, as it is called in the FOSI panels view, or a
charsubset in the styledesc section of your FOSI. Then you can use a
charsubsetref attribute with the same name as the charsubsetid that you
created on you charsubset tag.

This is easier to do using the FOSI panels than it is in a text editor,
if you know how to use the panels. Just click on the Arbortext Editor
Format menu-Edit FOSI Components.. selection and then select the "All
Style Sets" item in the "All FOSI Components" panel. Then right-click
on one of the existing style sets and select "Add charsubset" from the
context menu.

Hi Ed,

I am doing this... butit brought up the question in my mind iftwo charsubsets have indentsdefined and both are called out which one wins? Or are they additive?

Ellen

I believe the last one wins. i.e. If you code "indent1 indent2", then indent 2 wins, but if you code "indent2 indent1" then indent 1 wins.

I'm not sure I agree with that one. <charsubset>s are merged, so depending on the characteristics in the individual <charsubset> it could be additive or not.

Good source to check is B.5.6.5.2.4 in 28001C and also the action of <indent> in B.3.4.9 and B.4.4.7.

Lynn

---- "Benton wrote:
> I believe the last one wins. i.e. If you code "indent1 indent2", then indent 2 wins, but if you code "indent2 indent1" then indent 1 wins.
>

I also agree with Benton. The last one wins. However, what Lynnis also correct in that there is some combining done.

Here's why...

If different catagories are defined, or different attributes are defined for those catagories by various attribute rules, they are combined into one final set of catagories or groups. For example, <presp> and <postsp>, or their attributes of "priority", "minimum", etc.

If the same attribute is defined for a catagory more than once, the last one is used. For example:

<att>

<presp minimum="1pt">

</att>

And then further down, you have this:

<att>

<presp minimum="10pt" maximum="20pt">

</att>

The end result will be <presp minimum="10pt" maximum="20pt">

The only combining, or addition/subtraction of values occurs within a single attribute value, not across multiple attributes.

Hope this helps,

Bob

The relevant section from Essential FOSI is now at

Suzanne

Top Tags