cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Searching using Built in Browser in Editor vs. the WebTop Version of PDMLink

byork
17-Peridot

Searching using Built in Browser in Editor vs. the WebTop Version of PDMLink

First off here are my general specs. We are using PDMLink 10.0 and editor 5.4 with full text indexing turned on.

I am trying to figure out if I can have the WebTop Version of PDMLink search the same way the built in browser does in editor.

The built in browser has an option to only "show results that can be viewed only".

Here is the scenario:
An object is checked in at version 1.0.
It is worked on and ends up at version 1.5.
Now it is promoted and ends up at 2.0.
It is worked on and a phrase is removed and checked in at 2.1.

Here is my problem with the WebTop search in PDMLink. If I search for that phrase that I removed in version 2.1 the WebTop version will find the 1.5 version even though it isn't really the current version.
The browser inside of editor will not find 1.5 unless I remove the check from the "show results that can be viewed only" box.
Anyone know if I can make PDMLink search the same way?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Brian,

It is possible to add Iteration to the search criteria and select latest in the first drop down list. Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers,
Rickard

byork
17-Peridot
(To:byork)

Rickard,

Not exactly. I don't want to see the older version objects if the newest version doesn't contain the phrase.
So I think what you are suggesting will still show version 1.5 even though 2.1 doesn't contain the phrase. That is because 1.5 is the latest iteration of the 1.0 version family.

Brian

Brian,

I see,

There is a preference, Search->Latest version search. If you set this value to Yes I think you will get the behavior you are looking for.

Rickard
byork
17-Peridot
(To:byork)

Rickard,

That one doesn't work that way either. Still gives me version 1.5. I have logged a call and got that this is intended behavior, even after I demonstrate how it works with the editor browser. The call numbers I have logged are C11043681 and C10802380 if you're interested in taking a look.

Thanks for your help so far,
Brian

Top Tags