cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Setting a custom help path

ptc-953926
1-Newbie

Setting a custom help path

Adepters:

We have several authoring doctypes, all based on roughly the same schema. Up until now, we've provided custom tag help in one of the doctype's "help" directory. This all works great. However, now I'd like to have our other authoring doctypes use the same help files (probably move the "help" directory to a common location). So far in the Arbortext Editor help, all I can find is documentation for APTHELPPATH, which claims it's only for UNIX. I tested it on Windows and it seems to work fine (hopefully it's just a documentation glitch). However, I'd rather avoid a solution that requires the user creating yet another environment variable. I don't see any set command I can put in the instance.acl to define this path (as for "set tagtemplatepath"). Does anyone know of a way to set the help path in the ACL startup file? Or, is there some way to override/create the environment variable via ACL?

Thanks,
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Here are the three ways we interact with environment variables:

The first is the one you want, I think.

Set an environment variable from ACL
$ENV["APTFONTCONFIGLOG"] = 'C:\e3aptfontconfig.log'

Set ACL variable from environment variable:
local dlmuser=main::ENV["USERNAME"];

Set an environment variable in a DOS batch file:
set APTLMHOST=@servername

Thanks, Paul! That's exactly what I want.

Dave
Top Tags