cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

accept/reject all without write command

largyres
1-Newbie

accept/reject all without write command

I’m afraid it can’t be done but:

- two versions of the XML file are output using the write command, accept-all (write -ct changesapplied file.xml) and reject-all (write -ct original file_rejectall.xml)

- COM command opens the transformed file.doc in Word and if an auto-open macro sees a “file_rejectall.doc” version the files are compared

My problem is that very occasionally “write -ct original ...” fails silently and produces a -ct changesapplied file. This happens with deeply “nested” change tracking add/delete inside add/delete inside add/delete etc. (There’s drugs for that kind of thing.)

Has anyone ever found a programmatic equivalent of Reject All besides write command?

ceb.com

1 REPLY 1

Hi Lou—

If you look at $ARBORTEXT/packages/main/_chgtrk.acl, you can see the code that the dialog uses to do this when you click “Reject All”. I don’t think you can just call the OnAcceptRejectAllButton() function directly, because it appears to depend on the dialog being present, but it might not be too hard to adapt the code to use in your own function that doesn’t depend on the dialog. The basic strategy seems to be to search for CT, reject it if found, and repeat until no more CT instances are found.

--Clay
Top Tags