cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

customizing editor and navigation tree

ptc-4423049
1-Newbie

customizing editor and navigation tree

Hello,

I would like to know how to solve two requirements:

1) I would like to replace tags before and after a text in the editor by a colored frame around the content of the tag. Final display should look like nested chapters/sections of the document. Can you confirm that's possible and give me information that could bring me on the way of solution ?

2) I would like to know if I can also customize the navigation tree using fosi or stylesheet ? Can I also create colored boxes ?

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4423049)

Hi,

I do not fully understand your requirements, but it sounds like you are wanting to customize the Arbortext Edit Window presentation of content. (And that you do not need to do anything to the output whether PDF, HTML, or whatever.)

It is definitely possible to customize the Edit Window presentation of elements, attributes, and their content. You can color text. You can highlight text. In some limited ways, you can suppress the presentation of the tags or elements themselves.

I have never boxed on-screen, so I do not know whether this is possible or not. Again, I do not understand your requirements, so forgive my next thoughts if they are not really germane. It sounds to me like the type of presentation you are seeking is designed to provide a training-free XML input system. Editor can be customized in this direction. Some of that customization can be done in the Edit Window. However, the degree of presentation control you are aiming for is probably better suited to a GUI input dialog. Arbortext supports XUI (XML User Interface) dialogs (I use these a lot) but many find the feature list too limiting and work in Java or some other language more appropriate for interface design that they then integrate with Editor.

All that said ... your best bet, if you haven't solved this or moved on already, is to join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!). Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources/

Good luck!

Top Tags