cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

effectivity in footer

aleslie
1-Newbie

effectivity in footer

I need to be able to post the effectivity information in the footer for only those pages containing the effectivity element.

All works ok but unable to turn it off for subsequent pages containing no effectivity.

effectivity only occurs within sheet within graphic element.

Any suggestions out there ?

Regards,

Andy

7 REPLIES 7

Couple of questions:

Is this using FOSI or XSL-FO?

Do the sheet elements contain a full-page image, or can they contain an
inline/partial-page image?

Hi Jason,

It's a FOSI and the sheet element can contain either full page or half page....but mainly full page.

Rgds,

Andy

You should be able to create a new pageset, with the effectivity in the
footer, and set it up so that the new pageset is used when the sheet
element is encountered (scope=local), so that it returns to the default
global pageset when the end of the sheet is encountered.

With the half-page images, this could get tricky, depending on where on
the page they are emitted...

Hope that gets you started.

-jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for this. I tried this on the graphic element which contains the sheets which workedbut resulted in consecutive rectos when firing the pageset.

Rgds,

Andy

Fire the pageset from the GRAPHIC element, not the SHEET. Unless you have all your "Figures" grouped together in one spot, that should alleviate that problem, for the most part.

Regards,
Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

Assuming that your effectivity value is named "effectivity.txt", it seems like you could have a savetext at the beginning of (before) your sheet, like <savetext textid="effectivity.txt[or" whatever]&quot;=" conrule="\\">. Then when your sheet causes an actual value for "effectivity.txt" to occur, it would overwrite the null value. Otherwise, it would stay null. Have you tried this?

Thanks Steve - all looking good now apart from two consecutive recto pages even though I specify next in the textbrk startpg="next"

Rgds,

Andy

Announcements

Top Tags