cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

entities

epichelp
6-Contributor

entities

I would like to use a group of entities in one file with a schema and xml is that possible?

Should it be saved as a .ent or .xml file and how do I point to it

9 REPLIES 9

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue.

byork
17-Peridot
(To:SarahPrice)

Sara,

I think you should be able to use your catalog files and reference the entities file.

Lines from Catalog file:

PUBLIC "-//TORO//ENTITIES General Entity Set//EN//XML" "../entities/general-ents.mod"

PUBLIC "-//TORO//DTD Information Pool V1.0X//EN//XML"  "../entities/toro-infopool.mod"

PUBLIC "-//TORO//DTD Hierarchy Pool V1.0X//EN//XML"  "../entities/toro-hierarchy.mod"

Few example lines from my general-ents.mod

<!ENTITY Toro "The Toro® Company">

<!ENTITY ToroShort "Toro">

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. I have set the catalog up to reference an entity file stored in the entities directory, however the entity file is referencing an XML file that is accessed via URL. It's not coming up in the File entities list for insertion. When I create the file entity within the entities window it tells me the XML file is invalid.

The XML is based off a schema not a DTD. The DTD works fine but the schema does not.

Snippet of entity of file:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

<!ENTITY % warning002 PUBLIC "-//USCG//ENTITIES warning//EN//XML" "http://xxxx-xxxx-ap00.osc.xxxx.mil:0000/cs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dDocName=OSCLSLIMSAP21O1034999&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased">
%warning002;

byork
17-Peridot

Just out of curiosity can you reference your XML file in the catalog as well? 

I haven't tried that. Just set it up the same as in the entity file?

If there was a way to insert the namespace on the XML file upon insertion in the document it would validate.

byork
17-Peridot

That's where I'm not sure.....

epichelp
6-Contributor

Hi Sarah

My catalog looks like this

<!--Arbortext, Inc., 1988-2011, v.4002-->

catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog" prefer="public">

<uri name="schema" uri="file:///C:/Projects/DTD/schema.xsd"/>

/catalog>

I have a huge list of entities in a file that looks like this excerpt below and I am pointing to the file location in my preferences

<!-- Warnings -->

<!ENTITY WAR-001 "<warning><para>THE ENGINE IS VERY HOT IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHUTDOWN. INJURY TO PERSONNEL CAN OCCUR.</para></warning>">

<!ENTITY WAR-002 "<warning><para>MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO ELECTRICAL POWER ON THE AIRPLANE BEFORE PERFORMING MAINTENANCE ON ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS.</para></warning>">

<!ENTITY WAR-003 "<warning><para>YOU MUST MAINTAIN A THREE-POINT CONTACT AT ALL TIMES TO SAFELY ENTER THE AIRPLANE. INJURY TO PERSONNEL CAN RESULT.</para></warning>">

<!-- CBs -->

<!ENTITY CB-001 "<cb>Air Conditioner</cb>">

<!ENTITY CB-002 "<cb>Air Conditioner Blower</cb>">

<!ENTITY CB-003 "<cb>Aileron Trim</cb>">

<!ENTITY CB-004 "<cb>Flap Switch</cb>">

These show up in the text entities list in Arbortext for authoring.  You must make sure you do not have anything in your entity file that will not validate including symbols that should be character entities

hope this is helpful

Ok. If I understand this correctly you are using a catalog.xml file that references the warning files?

epichelp
6-Contributor

Actually the catalog is pointing to my schema and the line below isn't pointing to my entity file but uses oasis entity catalog

xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog" prefer="public

Top Tags