cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

how to stop formatting from a style set in a usetext

AshleyHolmes
7-Bedrock

how to stop formatting from a style set in a usetext

Hello adepters,

I am using a FOSI for a bilingual print publication.

For section titles, I have an e-i-c with a style set of sect1-title which bolds the text and also contains usetext which adds a colon 'after' the text.

There is an attribute rule on title which adds underlining if the <section role="dosage">.

There is another attribute rule on title which adds a space after the title text, and before the colon, if the language on the parent element is French. The usetext source is simply \\.

The problem I am encountering is that for French titles with section role=dosage, the space is appearing but it is getting the underlining as well. Is there any way to stop the underlining from appearing beneath the space? Is there something I can put into the usetext source that will stop the underlining?

Thanks for your help!

Ashley

Ashley Holmes
IT & Production Services
Canadian Pharmacists Association
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ashley:

Add a subchars to the usetext with a highlt category that turns off underscoring:

<att>
<specval attloc="section" attname="language" attval="french">

<charsubset charsubsetref="underline">
<usetext source="\" \&quot;=" placemnt="after">
<subchars>
<highlt inherit="1" scoring="0">

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Ashley,
The short answer is 'yes, I'm confident there's a way'.

The slightly longer answer is, we're going to need to see some of your FOSI code in order to give you a useful answer. At the very least, the existing <att> rules that implement the wanted and unwanted formatting.

Steve Thompson,
Temporarily Unemployed FOSI Coder

But Suzanne's the expert, so don't listen to me for a second longer. 🙂

D'oh.

Suzanne, why is it when you mention something I want to hit myself hard on the forehead because it seems so obvious?

Thanks for the advice - implemented and looks great.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Don't feel bad -- we've all been there, done that.

I'm glad it worked 🙂

Suzanne

Top Tags