menu customization with ACL, and regional settings.
Hello, I am having a problem with menu customization with ACL. To add specific menus I try to detect some menus, I am using their names for exemple "File", or "Tools". But when the system is in another regional setting, for exemple in French, spanish, "File" or "Tools" are changing to the french of spanish corresponding values, so my tests in other languages are not valid. Do you know if there is a way to detect each menu with identifier instead of theirs names? ( maybe with corresponding entities? ) If yes do you know where I can find the list of entities for each existing menu? ( just for info, I would like to avoid use on environment parameter to force Arbortext to work in english ) Thanks a lot
I used to have the same problem. The only solution i could come up, was the way to take the entitynames (starting AE in each relevant language) and store them in several language-files. So for your check you read out "File" from these language files via amo_text(); It's not perfect, but at least you do not need to make a thousand "ifs". Greetings
Sorry I didn't post the answer I received. So a solution given is to use the common 'agettext' function around each name. this will load correctly the good value in each language. for exemple, agettext("File") will return "Fichier" if arbortext is set in French. Yann