cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary: Ass'y family table ref. instance of part family table?

Highlighted

Summary: Ass'y family table ref. instance of part family table?

Thanks to all who replied. Here is a summary of the responses I received:

a.. Insert the generic into the generic assembly and then add component to your family table and put in the instance name instead of the Y or N for resume/suppress.

b.. Create the family table in the assembly, then add the generic component into the table. In the family table, fill in the name of the instance file. If it is not correct pro/ E will assemble the generic again.

c.. Choose the generic as an item for the family table. In that cell for an assembly instance enter the name of the part instance. By default it will list either Y or N, but will accept the instance name.

d.. I believe you can add the generic to the table then in the Y/N box type in the exact part number of the instance you want.

**BEWARE** if you ever rename the generic or instances, your assembly is going to fail. The rename will not carry over to the part numbers you typed into the table.

e.. I am in WF2. We have a top level assembly made up of a number of components. In the assembly family table, add a column to the family table for the desired component you want to assemble an instance of. For any assembly instances you create, you can type in the instance name of the part you want to assemble in place of the generic component name in the family table column you added.

f.. When you add a part to the family table at the assembly level the variables in the table can be set to yes, no or the instance name.

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.