Up until switching to Wildfire I have had the habit of running multiple similar analysis in Mechanica by just copying the working directory and modifying the items I want to change and then re-running the analysis. This allowed me to very quickly try several versions of the same part without having to re-configure constraints, loads and such between runs. I tried this using Wildfire and it resulted in a Runtime Error in Ã¢ÂÂProgram D:\ptc\proewildfire\:486_nt\obj\xtop.exeÃ¢ÂÂ and an abnormal program termination when switching applications to Mechanica. Thinking it was perhaps the model I was using I tried another analysis with similar results. I then went back to the original analysis in the original directory and deleted a part from the assembly just to see what would happen. Upon trying to switch to Mechanica the same error occurred. So right now it appears that I can create a new assembly and run an analysis on it without any trouble but if I try to modify it or copy it and modify it I get kicked out of Wildfire when I select Mechanica from the applications menu. Any ideas on what I may doing to cause this or ways to get around it would be greatly appreciated.
John K. Narney II Senior Project Engineer Bristol Compressors, Inc 15185 Industrial Park Rd Bristol, Va. 24202 ph (276)-645-5952 fax (276)-645-7561 email@example.com IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.
John I think you might be trying to doing something in a slightly unorthodox way. In Wildfire, one change that might be causing this error is the fact that the *.mdb file that previously stored much of the Mechanica info has now been incorporated into the Pro/E part file and the *.mda file which was it's counterpart for assemblies has been consumed by the Pro/E asm file. So if you make copies of your part and assembly files and then adjust the constriants and assemblies then you should be able to do what you're trying to do. Or you could set up multiple load sets and constraint sets in one model, and then setup different analyses within that single model that uses specific load/constraint sets, but ignores others. This would be the neatest way to manage what you're trying to do. This way you wouldn't end up with multiple copies of the same geomtry, just mutiple design studies, which each represent a different loading/constaining scenario. --- David Reid Optima Design Services Ltd Direct +44 1491 411369 Mobile +44 7760 253644 Fax +44 870 762 0655 Mansfield HQ +44 1623 621619
That's what BMX is all about. Run the one Mechanica analysis and the run a Mechanica multi-objective design study. In WF2 you can run an automatic Design of Experiments or you can specify the "experiments" that you want to run. We use that method all the time for DFSS (Design For Six-Sigma).