cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts do not regenerate to match scaled skeleton model

Highlighted
Level 4

parts do not regenerate to match scaled skeleton model

I have a skeleton file with curves that define the overall size of my model. I opened the skeleton file and scaled it by 1.4. After regenerating the skeleton model and closing it, I then regenerated my assembly. Nothing happens. My assembly is now a solid model at the original size with a bunch of curves that are 1.4 times larger.

If I activate one of the parts in one of the subassemblies, and edit definition the first feature, it automatically scales up to the size of my larger skeleton model. Why didn't it regenerate to the larger skeleton model?

I have a top level assembly with four subassemblies. All of the parts are in the sub assemblies. The skeleton model is in the top level assembly. Do I have to copy the skeleton model into each subassembly for this to work properly?

2 REPLIES 2

RE: parts do not regenerate to match scaled skeleton model

I contacted PTC Technical support and they reproduced the problem. But they did not have an answer...yet.

RE: parts do not regenerate to match scaled skeleton model

PTC technical support says that you have to use a copy geom in each part in order for each part to update to the scaled skeleton model. Haven't tried it yet, but that is their answer.