Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bore Function. (Newbie)

Level 1

Bore Function. (Newbie)

Hello all. I'm really new to 3d modeling software, but I had no problems with the quick start tutorials. However when I started working on my first personal project, I ran into a snag I can't seem to figure out how to resolve. I created a circle and extruded it to make a cylinder and now I need to bore through it. It gives me the error 'The axis of rotation must lie within the specified workplane (error 332) " I can't seem to figure out how to create an axis thats associated with the work plane and be able to bore out the center of my 3d model.

14 REPLIES 14

RE: Bore Function. (Newbie)

You may want to try selecting the axis via the right-click context menu, see attached screenshot. Hope this helps, Claus

Re: Bore Function. (Newbie)

I've used all the menu's and the helps, it doesn't get me any further. Nothing I click allows me to do a bore operation through the model. The only time I can get the operation to complete is when I click on the edge that is on the same Wp. However I want to go through the part, not across the bottom. It is acting as if I need to create a workplane through the part where I want the hole.

The Bore Function is for another use. Look to the picture. If you want to use the circle you have to use ""mill"" to use a specific depth or ""punch"" to go through the part. With ""bore"" you can use geometry like in the picture and rotate it around the axis in the geometry. It is not allowed to have the axis inside the geometry. If you want to use 360 degrees for the angle it is possible to click OK without any angle. It is the default. Hope it helps. Best regards WoHo

Ahh, I see. I got it, thanks!

anonymous wrote:

WoHo - 2007-10-08 5:43 PM The Bore Function is for another use. Look to the picture. If you want to use the circle you have to use ""mill"" to use a specific depth or ""punch"" to go through the part. With ""bore"" you can use geometry like in the picture and rotate it around the axis in the geometry. It is not allowed to have the axis inside the geometry. If you want to use 360 degrees for the angle it is possible to click OK without any angle. It is the default. Hope it helps. Best regards WoHo

The Bore function is the opposite of turn. (turn adds material, bore removes it. When you use the Bore function, you are actually sweeping a closed profile around an axis. You can also select how far you wish for your bore to rotate around the selected axis (up to 360 degrees)

anonymous wrote:

Mike Swartz - 2008-02-20 2:16 AM The Bore function is the opposite of turn. (turn adds material, bore removes it. When you use the Bore function, you are actually sweeping a closed profile around an axis. You can also select how far you wish for your bore to rotate around the selected axis (up to 360 degrees)

Use the context dependent help files for more information. Start the Bore command, and select the Question mark in the Bore dialog box. (or hit the F1 key) Context dependent help is available for most functions.

anonymous wrote:

Mike Swartz - 2008-02-22 12:34 AM Use the context dependent help files for more information. Start the Bore command, and select the Question mark in the Bore dialog box. (or hit the F1 key) Context dependent help is available for most functions.