Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workplane defaults

Level 1

Workplane defaults

3D newbie here. Old ME10 guy, now just doing this for fun at home. How do I get the workplane back to it's origional position, after I have been manuvering it? There ought to be some place to click that brings it square and upright. Now, in my training phase, I have to completely shut the program off then restart it. Thanks for your patientce. Sam

3 REPLIES 3

RE: Workplane defaults

Do you really want to move the workplane, or do you want to adjust your view to look at the modified workplane straight on?? If you want to move the workplane back, just delete it and then create a new one at ""Wold Origin"". If you've moved the workplane to a place where you want to work and now want to view it ""square"", just right click in the viewport and select ""View by Curr WP and fit"". This will rotate the view around to be square with that WP.

RE: Workplane defaults

Thanks! I knew that it would be easy, once I knew where to look! Sam

Re: Workplane defaults

Hey Sammy, for the benefit of others who read this post....What did you really need to do? Did you need to modify the Workplane, or did you just need to adjust your view of it? If you are talking about your view, think of your view as if you are looking through a video camera floating around in space. The part or workplane is not moving, you are just looking at it from a different direction.