Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workplane has no real geometry

Level 1

Workplane has no real geometry

I hope someone can help because this is the part of learning a new Drawing programe that is frustrating. I drew a blok and extruded it, now i want to mill the one side but i just cant select the side workplane, it keeps on giving the dreaded ""Workplane has no real geometry""...why is this? Geometry was checked in the 2d menue when i drew the bolck. Smiley Surprised

14 REPLIES 14

RE: Workplane has no real geometry

What color is the 2D geometry in the selected workplane? (It should be all white.)

Im not to sure what you mean, are you talking about the workplane border or about the block itself?

I'm talking about the 2D profile which you probably created to extrude the block. Maybe you can post a screenshot to explain the situation? Thanks! Claus

Hope im doing this right...the color is grey...

Sorry stupid question again..how do i add a picture?

Check the ""Attach a file after posting"" option. After submitting your message, you can then attach an image.
Not applicable
(in response to)

Re: Workplane has no real geometry

Did you make your side workplane the active workplane before you tried to use it to mill? If the workplane border is gray (not green), it is not active. To make it active, select it with your left mouse button. (It will highlight yellow) While the workplane is highlighted, click your right mouse button and select ""Set Active WP"" from the context dependant drop down menu. Your selected workplane will now be the active workplane, and the border will turn green. Now try your mill command again. Note that the front of the workplane is a slightly different shade of green than the back. This is just another way of knowing in advance the positive ""W"" direction of your workplane.

That is why im so confused, im doing everything you all say but that message still comes up...i attached a screenshot...maybe this will help.

I would just like to add something that i noticed, the new Workplane border is off set to the one corner..why is that?