cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screw 3d buliding

RE: screw 3d buliding

Look to the attached example-file. Regards WoHo

Great many thanks for this. I look into your file and check it to reproduce your way. Your Screw is nice, but i have the same result like before. Ok. I build a little capture video of my way to reproduce. You can see what i do. You see all my mouse ways. I hope it is allowed to give up this link here in the forum. It is a flashfile http://www.dddwelten.de/screw.htm I am full of expectation what you find. Regards Michael

Hi All, i think i have it !!!. I play with the triangle many Times and generate my first screw. Many many thanks to you all WOHO and Mike .... Now i will check the bore with thread. Best Regards Michael

Re: screw 3d buliding

In order to create a construction line on the exact center of your existing cylinder, you need to learn how to make use of your ""Catch"" tools. (this is a common mistake made by most new users) So, first thing to do, (if your catch toolbar is not currently visible) is to add your ""catch"" toolbar to your interface. Select ""View"" You should get a drop down list of available toolbars. The one's that have check marks next to them are visible. Select the Catch toolbar, and it should become visible. If it shows up in your viewport, you can drag and drop it into a location with your other toolbars. Now, you need to know what to do with the catch. If (using your part as an example) you need to create a construction line on the center of an existing cylinder, start the construction line command, then, before you pick a location for your line, you need to do 2 things with your catch. 1. Turn Part ON. This allows you to select 3D Geometry. 2. Change the catch from the default of All to Center Then, you can select on one of the edges of your existing cylinders, and your line will be projected on to your active workplane from at the exact center of your cylinder. Many users prefer to always have Part turned ON. You can do this when you first start up a Modeling PE session by first changing ""Next Catch"" to ""Default 2D"", then turn Part ON. Finally change ""Default 2D"" back to ""Next Catch" For more info on using Catch, click on the question mark located on the end of the Catch toolbar. This is very important. If you do not understand how to properly use catch, you will never be able to build geometrically correct models.