cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

5-Button Mouse

A_CASHEN
1-Newbie

5-Button Mouse

I have been using a 5 button mouse with Pro and I love it! Problem is, the left mouse button keeps wearing out...I've been thru 2 now. It WAS a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0. My replacement mouse is a Micorsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. The buttons all seem to be working, but I have noticed some strange behavior with Pro. There are times when it seems like ProE is lagging behind and it needs to "catch up". The screen turns black and doesn't respond for 30secs or so. My mouse cursor is still visible and I can switch to other applications. I'm attributing this to my new mouse as this behavior started shortly after the switch.

Anyone seen this before? I know that 5-button mice seem to throw ProE for a loop, but I really like the thumb buttons.
2 REPLIES 2

Did you update the mouse driver. We have found severe issues (crashing, screen flickering) with any MS Mouse driver newer than 4.2. For our Intellimouse 3.0 we had to go backwards to resolve the issues.

The overwhelming response was to use a Logitech mouse. Specifically recommended was the Logitech MX1000 laser mouse. Others have had luck with Microsoft mice, but have had to go back to using some earlier drivers to resolve issues. For now, I'm going to put in for a new Logitech mouse and see where that gets me! Thanks to all who responded ~ much appreciated.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags