cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Anyone have a table for corrugated density in Creo?

Pieface
6-Contributor

Anyone have a table for corrugated density in Creo?

I will post an answer for Single Wall "C" Flute once I get a carton weighed.  I know the density of the material, but you cannot use the actual density in Creo due to no voids in the model.  Just wondering if anyone has done any calculations to approximate corrugated mass in Creo?

2 REPLIES 2

You could do it as a quilted model. Solidify each quilt individually getting the mass of each. Then undo that work and merge and keep the "glued" areas, solidify that, get the mass value and subtract that from the original mass value. It's a little...e'hem...convoluted...but it will give you the values you need.

Pieface
6-Contributor
(To:DeanLong)

We had samples of a carton which weighed 4.5lbs.  Knowing that value it was a matter of reviewing the weight Creo displayed (19.54lbs) and dividing that by 4.5lbs which equaled a 4.34 ratio.  I then divided the specific gravity of 6.9001E-7 / 4.34 = 1.5899E-7.  The resulting output in Creo was close enough.

Carton Weight.JPG

So, for Single Wall "C" Flute it appears the Specific Gravity to use in Creo is 0.15899.  To prove the point I would need to verify the same attributes on different corrugated.

We keep a spreadsheet of density values for materials and I had to use the following:

Cardboard Density.JPG

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags