cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Building complex form in PRO/E

ptc-2056411
1-Newbie

Building complex form in PRO/E

I need to make similar model: The problems with complex form like are art and decorative elements. Which method I can use for build they except style and offset? If somebody has an experience in building similar model, can you describe some example?
3 REPLIES 3

I don't envy your task, but it's not impossible. Think in terms of building the chair. Maybe start with an extrusion of the general outline of the back (with cutouts), then "trim" away the edges with filet, like using a chisel. Add fine details by starting with one extrusion, then creating patterns along curves. For the legs, you could draw several cross-sections along the leg and a line following the centre of a leg and use a Swept Blend. Anything will take a fair number of measurements, but starting with the basic shapes and then trimming away step by step you'll see the chair emerge. Finally, for things like the cushions, you can apply different finishes in the render options (View > Color and Appearance - choose "Surfaces" under Assignment, and I think you can add to the System library, although I haven't done that myself). Good luck! Hope that helps.

some programs like "Rino" allow you to take images and generate vector splines from them, which can be output as curves in a .dxf or other compatable format. Depending on your money and resources, you could have the actual chair scanned, which generates a cloud of surface points you can use to recreate the surface in pro-e.

i can assure you rhino is a good choice to make a model like this one... but you can do it completelly in pro-e. as the buddy said, you can just extrude/revol or use simple features to make the hole body of the chair... just focus on the big idea, just the genreal dimensions, general shape... you can just cut, make protusions and all those stuffs to make a simple model. After you have the main idea, the main model, you can start the more complex portion: i´ll recommend you to sketch and project thoise sketches onto the previous modeled shape... then you can start making paths forms or boundary shapes... also you can use the Syle tool, to create 3D curves and you them as paths... Its a wonderfull idea to try to use relations, when you are extruding or extruding through a path... but unfortunatelly it would be quite difficult for me to explain you about how to do that, at this time... so try to look for some tutorials about this in the web. good luck
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags