cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can any body give the Equation

Nagireddivenugo
1-Newbie

Can any body give the Equation

Hi Every body,

Can any body give the Equation for Tennis ball?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Venu

4 REPLIES 4

Venu,

I'm not sure what "equation" you are looking for, although I can give you some construction trigonometry that might help you. Meanwhile, here is a jpeg of that type of geometry created WITHOUT any equations. What, exactly, are you trying to do?

tennis-ball.jpg

I'll give you more detail on this construction method if you are interested. The picture is more like a baseball than a tennis ball, but the same general technique can be used for a tennis ball.

David

Hi David,

Thank you so much for ur answer,

Please see the below image for the Idea,

New Bitmap Image.bmp

Can I get any equation to create the curve shown in image, so that I can use that curve for " Sweep cut" later to remove the material,

Thank you once again

Venu

I'm interested to know why you need to have an equation for this. It appears that you already have the desired geometry and created the cut by using the curve as a trajectory which is probably the most straightforward way of doing this. ??? (I'm not immediately sure how easily this could be done with an equation.)

Just one more suggestion. If you use your curve to Trim a spherical surface, Thicken it, then use its edge as a trajectory for half of the cut, you can then assemble 2 of the results to create your finished tennis ball.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags