cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How do I create a repeating PRT template

ptc-267878
1-Newbie

How do I create a repeating PRT template

I have several CT scans of knees. Each knee is currently being saved as an IGES file. I would like to create landmark points on each knee, and use these points to create axes and planes. Finally, I'd make cuts to the knee with said planes and sketched curves/circles passing through points as seen in the attached figure. If I had 100 knees, I wouldn't want to do this process 100 times. Does anyone have tips on how I could automate/repeat this PRT?

3 REPLIES 3
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-267878)

Can you just do it one time and record a mapkey? You would have to open each part though and apply the mapkey.

In Reply to D L:

I have several CT scans of knees. Each knee is currently being saved as an IGES file. I would like to create landmark points on each knee, and use these points to create axes and planes. Finally, I'd make cuts to the knee with said planes and sketched curves/circles passing through points as seen in the attached figure. If I had 100 knees, I wouldn't want to do this process 100 times. Does anyone have tips on how I could automate/repeat this PRT?

Use a trail file.

You could try using a UDF. Create your features as you would, or simplify the process if necessary, and create a UDF of those features. Then in your new part, just insert the UDF and pick the references.

In Reply to D L:

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags